- The ability to remove many dissolved substances efficiently, yet produce good tasting finished water.
- RO does not add any other chemical to your water. It merely separates the dissolved substances from the incoming water.
- RO performs a separation without a phase change. Thus, the energy requirements are low.
- RO systems are compact, and space requirements are less than with other desalting systems, e.g. distillation.
- RO equipment is standardized-pumps, motors, valves, flowmeters, pressure gauges etc. thus,the learning curve for unskilled labour is short.
- Many RO systems are fully automated and designed to start-up and shutdown automatically through interlocks. Thus, RO plants usually require little labour.
- Due to their modular design, maintenance is easy. Scheduled maintenance can be performed without shutting down the entire plant.
- The modular design also makes expansion an easy option.